Date(s) - 14 May 2018 - 16 May 2018
This course is designed to develop specific open pit and underground mining geomechanics competencies for mine geologists and engineers so their contribution to mine site geomechanics programmes is enhanced. The course could be of particular benefit to geomechanics personnel with limited practical experience and is applicable to both open pit and underground mining personnel.
Course topics include:
- Intact rock strength
- Rock mass classification
- Core logging and geotechnical mapping
- Stress measurements
- Rock mass failure criteria
- Data collection strategy
- Underground geomechanics mine design
- Open pit geomechanics design
- Groundwater management
- Numerical modelling
- Monitoring underground mines
- Monitoring open pit mines
- Stope reconciliation
- Introduction to probabilistic design
There are sponsorship opportunities available for this event, click here for more information.
Click here to view the current list of attending companies.
Table Top Sponsor