The ACG’s charter is to support the mining industry by way of applied geomechanics research projects having a direct practical application to industry and through the provision of state-of-the-art training and education.
We seek to provide:
- Direct instructional material being taught thus improving job knowledge and hence safety at work
- Sharing of knowledge between academic and research institutions and practitioners, and between practitioners themselves
- Optimisation of the processes at the workface with an inevitable lifting of skills
To effectively achieve these objectives, the ACG needs guidance from industry as to the direction its research and training goals should take.
By becoming an Affiliate Member you are supporting the ACG to play a crucial role in identifying and developing research initiatives, training materials and professional education, particularly as industry moves towards increasing the number of larger open pit mines and deeper underground mining operations.
Corporate Affiliate Membership Entitlements:
- Up to 25% discount on registration fees for ACG symposiums, seminars, courses and workshops
- Up to 10% discount on research reports and training materials
- Discounts on all ACG publications
- Invitation to contribute a technical article to the ACG newsletter that is distributed to more than 5,000 local and international mining professionals
- Company name, logo and link on ACG website
- Promotional and advertising support through company name (or logo) appearance in selected ACG educational and training promotional material, i.e. brochures, websites, PPT presentations etc.
NB. With “global” companies only the Australian Offices are eligible for affiliate entitlements. If no Australian office then affiliate entitlements apply to “home” country.
Contact the ACG for further details.