This introductory ACG training course is to be largely presented by Professor Phil Dight. He brings together a wealth of experience to share with course participants.
This course will be held both online and in-person, facilitating participation from anywhere in the world.
The objectives of the course are to:
• Provide a holistic big picture overview of both the geotechnical design and operational management processes
• Take delegates sequentially through the various stages of the slope stability design process
• Cover operational issues related to managing open pit operations from a geotechnical perspective
• Review selected open pit failures and discuss how the geotechnical industry addresses stability problems in all parts of the world
• Present open pit case studies
View the event brochure for the course program.
This course commences at 8:00 AWST 1 August 2022. Check your local start time with the Time Zone Converter.
Professional Development Hours
Participants in this event will be eligible for up to 20 PD hours. The ACG can provide a certificate of attendance, post-event.
Oceans Institute, Theatre Auditorium, Fairway Entrance 3, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia and Online
Professor Phil Dight