This book is a concise summary of the considerable body of mine pit lake knowledge and experience and provides mining engineers and those responsible for mine closure and management a one-stop reference. It is applicable to underground and surface mining operations.
An attractive full colour, hardcover, easy to follow publication contains detailed photographs and schematics and contributions from personnel working in this field.
- Developed to meet a growing need to better manage pit lakes at closure.
- Designed to meet the needs of mining companies, regulators, consultants and communities.
- Comprehensively covers considerations when developing a mine closure plan that will result in a pit lake.
- Integrates pit lakes into broader mine closure planning practices.
- Represents international leading practice for managing and closing mine pit lakes.
- Mine waters, and pit lakes in particular, can represent the greatest environmental and social risk remaining at mine closure.